Eastern New Mexico State Fair
This is the second redesign Gate One has done for ENMSF. Due to changing trends in both website design and user platforms (increase in mobile user traffic), a new website was needed.
Designing Content For Two Site Visitor Categories
Site content is structured to serve content to site visitor categories:
- Those participating in the fair - Livestock entries, parade entries, Fair Queen applicants, food vendors, etc
- Those who will attend the fair and want info about the entertainment lineup, schedules, admission fees, etc.
Forms and Online Payment For Entries
The ENMSF website has a short but intense "season". The take most of their fair applications online now. Using an online subscription service called Formstack they have the ability to easily:
- Create new forms when needed
- Update existing forms (application fees, deadlines, etc)
- Accept online payment for entry fees
The scheduled entertainment for the fair is a highlight of the site because it is one of the most requested piece of content from site visitors. Therefore, a limited version on entertainment highlight is presented on the home page in two places:
- The image slider at the top of the page.
- Further down the page in video form, and also an accordion style content delivery method that allows people to see the highlight of the most desired information.
Fairbook and Continual Updates
As the season progresses the Fairbook is updated continually to provide the most current information for those who have entries. These updates are crucial because outdated information, even if it is only a few days old, can cause problems in the administration office.